Monday, November 22, 2010

Meet Maggie

After weeks months of saving anything and everything I could, I finally have the netbook I've been dreaming about.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Maggie.
















She's a Samsung N150 Plus.  She's got a 250GB hard drive, 1G memory, 3 USB ports, webcam, and an absolutely beautiful display.  She weighs less than three pounds and her battery life is supposedly up to nine hours.  Given that yesterday I unplugged her at 1:00 in the afternoon (after charging her overnight) and used her continuously until about 8:30 with multiple applications running, I'd definitely believe it.  Oh, and she's a red head.  Sexy little beast, isn't she?

But why the name Maggie, you may be asking.  Well I'll tell you.  The main purpose of this pretty little girl is as a note taking machine for rehearsals.  Which makes her the first investment piece I've made for Blair Legacy Productions, the (yet to be founded) production company that is the ultimate dream I'm always working towards.  And BLP (I keep trying to come up with an 'I' word that I can put in the title to make the company abbreviation BLIP) is named after my great-grandmother, Marguerite Blair.  So if this is the first Blair Legacy keepsake, why not name her after the company's namesake?  Thus, Maggie.

So happy right now.  This computer means my return to internet and a huge boost to my productivity.  And it's always a beautiful feeling to hold in your hand something that you've really worked for.  Yay Maggie!

No comments:

Post a Comment