Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Have You Hugged Your Muffins Today?

I made the most amazing cornbread muffins tonight for the Thanksgiving potluck at work tomorrow.  Well, I think they're amazing.  You should make some and tell me what you think.  They're slightly spicy, but not really.  Everyone who knows me will tell you that I'm a spice wimp.  The chile powder in these just gives the muffins a little extra flavor.  Also, salt is optional.  I put salt in because I like salty cornbread.  People who like cornbread on the sweeter side can just leave the salt out.  This recipe makes about a dozen small muffins.  Enjoy!


Lightly Spicy Super Tasty Cornbread Muffins

2  8.5oz boxes corn muffin mix, I used the old school (super cheap) Jiffy mix
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1  8.5oz can creamed corn
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 tsp Ancho chile powder
1/4 tsp Cayenne chile powder
1/4 tsp Schilling (generic) chile powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients. Fill muffin cups (in muffin tin) about 3/4 full.  Bake in the center of the oven until just golden and muffin springs back when gently pressed, about 15-20 minutes.  Let cool about 10 minutes.  Ta-da!

No comments:

Post a Comment