Thursday, July 1, 2010

Um, srsly?

So after all of my panicking about getting the audition announcement done by the July 1 deadline, and working on it at lunch day before yesterday and yesterday morning, so that I could email it to T before lunch....  I get a call from T yesterday morning (almost immediately after I hit the send button) wherein he tells me that we're not doing Blue Door anymore.  It's being postponed in favor of doing Fences.  This is of course after we agreed to do A Raisin in the Sun before Blue Door, and then he changed his mind because he didn't want to wait for the confirmation of the show dates and started looking at the possibility of doing Fences at the same time as Blue Door.

...
...
...
...

/sigh. 

I suppose I should be used to T chaning his mind by now.  And it's not like we're never going to do Blue Door, so it's not as if all of my work up to this point has been in vain.  And since we're not doing Blue Door, there won't be any overlap between Fences and Blue Door and between Blue Door and The Wiz, which is dobuly nice because it means I'll only be working two shows at once instead of three.  And since Fences is being put on by a company other than T's and will be performed in a theatre other than the one he typically uses, it will look better on my resume.  And Fences will probably have a larger pull than Blue Door will, plus it's a different city, so there's a lot more opportunity to promote The Wiz.  It's a cut in my stage management stipend (read "cut" as "MASSIVE cut"), but now that I'm working full time again, that's not as much of an issue as it would have been otherwise.  Overall it's probably a good thing... but... I just get so frustrated with T sometimes that he changes his mind so often.  I love him, I do.  But sometimes I think the spirit that leads him is lost and wandering.

No comments:

Post a Comment