Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Stockholm Project, Day 7

.
Lazy day today.  Don't really feel like trying.  So I'm wearing my favorite comfy pants (too big, but in a trendy way, right?) and a sweatshirt.  But this sweatshirt ends in an elastic band at my waist.  So it's still a comfy sweatshirt, but I'm not completely hiding in it.  Also, I tend to think that most "regular" outfits can be made more "trendy" with the right accessories.  Hence the hat and the necklaces.











Speaking of the necklaces, I want to recommend the companies who made them:



This one is made from an old typewriter key by the people at Monkapaws.  They recycle vintage typewriter keys, china pieces, and buttons to make awesome jewelry.  They also have some very cool collage pieces.  There are a few companies I've come across that make this kind of jewelry, but I'm attached to Monkapaws because I met them first and because their company is named after their dog.  I mean, anyone who loves their pets as much as I love mine has to be good people, right?


The other necklace I'm wearing is one of my favorite piece of jewelry.



It's a silver medallion made by the fine people at Ye Olde Quicksilversmith.  The information on their homepage and the video at the bottom are really cool.  I'm not sure if you can order medallions from their website; I got my necklace on my last Faire trip (and I'm excited that they're apparently going to be back this year).  Honestly though, watching them make the medallions is the most exciting part of it for me.  Seriously, watch the video.  It's so cool.

The image on the left is the Animal Interlace: "The inter-woven nature of all life, the inner weave of body and spirit. This design is one of the Celtic ‘Zoomorphic’ decorations from Manuscript art between 500 A.D. and 900 A.D."  And the image on the right is a fox (of course):  "Important in many cultures, though with different meanings.  In Japan, the white fox is ridden by Inari, the Rice God and carries the key to paradise. In China the fox is a symbol of eroticism and seduction. In European heraldry the fox represents shrewd cunning."

Monkapaws and Ye Olde Quicksilversmith are both California based companies, but Monkapaws has an online shop and Quicksilver travels all over the country (take a look at the schedule on their website).  If you're shopping for cool gifts for mother's day or are just interested in awesome handmade stuff, I totally recommend both companies.


Anyway, on to food.  Slept through breakfast this morning, so breakfast food was had for lunch.

Lunch:  Slice of sourdough toast with butter
Estimated calories:  185  (Toast: 150, Butter: 35)

Snack:  Three sugar cookies and can of coke
Estimated calories:  280  (Cookies: 140, Coke: 140)

Dinner:  Turkey sandwich and small glass of Santa Cruz lemonade  (organic, less calories than Simply, and just as delicious)
Estimated calories:  550  (Bread: 200, Turkey: 100, Swiss: 100, Mayo: 50, Lemonade: 100)

Late Snack:  Dried apricots and dark chocolate  (really good combination, by the way)
Estimated calories:  100  (Apricots: 50, Chocolate: 50)

Estimated total calories (so far):   1115

So far, still under my 1900 calories.  But we're making port brownies and microwave soda cake tonight.... First time for both for me, so I'll let you know how they turns out tomorrow.

Also, movie with Nenny tonight, so I may end up with a soda, hot dog, and candy tonight too.  Because who can resist crappy movie food?

edit:  As expected, I grabbed snack food for the movie last night.  I had one port muffin (will do a whole 'nother entry on these later), a banana, and 1/3 of a Gatorade.
Estimated calories:  400  (Muffin: 250, Banana: 100, Gatorade: 50)

Bringing total calories for the day to 1515, within my 1900, despite my late night snacking.  Go me!

Exercise:  Yeah, no. 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment